If you are looking for an essay on Durga Puja or 10 lines on Durga Puja in English, you are at the right place.
Durga is the goddess of Shakti. Shakti is the feminine energy of the universe. This is what makes up all of creation.
It is believed that Shakti is the power of creation. Durga Puja happens every year in the month of September or October. In Bengali, it is in Aswin month, when the Durga Puja happens.
Let’s dive into the essay and 10 lines.
10 Lines on Durga Puja
- Durga Puja is a celebration of the goddess Durga, who is known for her strength, power, and courage.
- Durga Puja is a five-day-long festival, primarily celebrated in the Indian state of West Bengal.
- It’s considered one of the most important festivals of Bengali culture.
- It is also celebrated all over India and abroad among Bengali Communities.
- It is a time when communities come together to worship a certain aspect of Devi, the Hindu Goddess, also known as Shakti.
- This festival is celebrated with much fanfare in the city of Calcutta.
- It’s celebrated with the belief that Goddess Durga defeats evil, represented by Mahishasura, who is the demon.
- With all the excitement and festivities, not many people know how this festival came to be.
- Durga Puja is a joyous affair for everyone in the family, from their parents to their children.
- It is a tradition that everyone is proud of, and it’s a way for all members of the family to get together and honour their parents and ancestors.
Short Essay on Durga Puja (100+ words)
Durga Puja is an amazing festival held every year in India. The main reason for this festival is to worship the goddess Durga. Durga is the goddess of Shakti.
Shakti is the feminine energy of the universe. This is what makes up all of creation. It is believed that Shakti is the power of creation. Durga is the warrior form of Shakti.
This is what makes her so strong. At this festival, people of all different backgrounds come together to worship Durga. People of all ages, genders, and races come together. People put on the white dress of Durga.
This symbolizes purity. People sing, dance, and eat together. This shows that this festival is all about loving one another. This is one reason why this festival is so great!
Q: What are the 9 avatars of Durga?
Q: What is special about Durga Puja?
Q: What are the 10 days of Durga Puja?
During the Vijaya Dashami, the day marks the immersion of the Durga Idol. This marks the Durga Puja to an end. This leaves us waiting for another year for Durga Puja to come again.
I hope you liked reading the essay and 10 lines on Durga Puja.
Was this helpful?
Anirban Saha is the Founder and Editor of AllExamNewsGuru, a brand in the Educational space. He holds a B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering from the Institute of Engineering and Management in Kolkata, India(Accredited by the NBA and approved by AICTE and affiliated under Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology). He is an engineer, with a passion for writing, reading, and listening to music. Check Anirban’s Crunchbase Profile here. He is the Founder of Azebrado which owns brands like Stallionzo, TechBullish, MrPlanter, and KidsCareIdeas.