If you are looking for an essay on the banyan tree, then you are at the right place.
As the banyan tree is the national tree of India, you may also get an essay as an essay on the national tree of India.
Both would be the same, and you can write the essay below in case of that.
Let’s start the essay on the banyan tree.
Kids Going to school and Studying
10 lines on Banyan tree
- Banyan tree is a very big tree with a max of 30 m in height.
- It is the national tree of India.
- The top of the banyan tree looks like a canopy and is a shelter for many birds.
- Banyan tree is Vata Vriksha in Sanskrit, Bat Gach in Bengali, and Bargad ka ped in Hindi.
- This tree is sacred, and several pujas happen with banyan trees like Vat Savitri Puja.
- Banyan trees have many aerial roots that come to the ground and get thick and form branches.
- Many temples are set up under banyan trees in India.
- The banyan tree is a long living tree and lives more than 500 years.
- Banyan trees have many medicinal benefits too.
- In Hinduism, the leaf of the banyan tree is the resting place of Lord Krishna.
Short Essay on Banyan Tree
A banyan tree is a big tree spread across a large area and forms a canopy-like shape on the top.
Banyan tree grows up to 30 m or 100 ft in height and spreads wide without bound.
The Banyan is the national tree of India. Banyan tree belongs to the family Moraceae, and its scientific name is Ficus benghalensis, also known as the Indian Banyan.
|Banyan Species types||Chinese Banyan, shortleaf fig, Florida strangler fig, Moreton Bay fig and the rusty fig|
|Sanskrit Name||Vata Vriksha|
|Scientific Name||Ficus benghalensis|
The banyan tree is a shelter for many birds and animals. During the summer, people also take shelter under banyan trees to get rid of the blazing sun.
The banyan tree has aerial roots that go down to the ground and finally get rooted. These aerial roots become tree trunks later on. This is how a banyan tree expands its size horizontally.
Banyan is a long-living tree and lives more than 500 years.
The largest banyan tree is in the Botanical Garden, Shibpur, West Bengal, India.
Banyan tree has medicinal benefits and is good for Diarrhoea, Digestion problem, Immunity building, Tooth and Gum problems, etc.
Banyan trees are also important for puja. There are puja events that occur with Banyan trees like Vat Savitri Puja. Hence, the banyan tree is sacred.
Essay on Banyan tree FAQs
Q. Which is the national tree of India?
A. The Banyan tree is the national tree of India.
Q. How does the banyan tree grow?
A. The banyan tree grows by the seeds that land on another tree. From there, aerial roots come to the ground and grow too thick and strong tree trunks.
Q. How tall are the banyan trees?
A. The maximum height of the banyan tree can be 30m or 100 ft.
Q. How does the banyan tree fruit look?
A. Banyan trees have fruits that look like small figs.
Q. Where is the largest Banyan Tree?
A. The largest banyan tree is known as the Great Banyan and is located in the Botanical Garden, Shibpur near Howrah in West Bengal, India.
Let’s conclude the essay on banyan trees. You will be able to write in detail from this essay.
You can download this essay by clicking on the print button below. I hope this essay will be useful to you.