If you are looking for an essay on Chhath Puja, then you are at the right place. Chhath Puja is celebrated by Hindus and is more popular in the states of Bihar, and Jharkhand.
It is also known as “Dala Chhath”. The main essence of Chhath Puja is to thank the Sun for all the beautiful surroundings and environment here.
Let’s begin the essay on Chhath Puja!
Essay on Chhath Puja in 100 words
Chhath Puja is the most important festival of Bihar and Jharkhand. People in Bihar and Jharkhand celebrate Chhath puja to worship the Sun.
People consider Chhath puja as a very auspicious day in their life. Women start to clean their houses in the morning. They decorate their house with beautiful rangoli designs in the morning hours. In the evening, people prepare a big feast to offer to the Sun.
On this day, people take a bath in the river. They make a different Rangoli design in the evening. In the evening, the whole family gets together and lights up earthen lamps in front of the house.
10 Lines on Chhath Puja
Here are the ten lines of the Chhath Puja:
- Chhath Puja is the festival of the Sun, which is celebrated with full devotion and zeal by people in the Indian state of Bihar.
- The festival of Chhath is observed by Hindu people in eastern Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and northern Madhya Pradesh in India and Nepal.
- The festival is dedicated to the Sun.
- The festival’s name is derived from two Sanskrit words, which are ‘Ch’ or ‘Chh’ and ‘Atithi’.
- This festival is celebrated to welcome the bridegroom of the Sun.
- People observe this festival by worshipping the Sun, fasting and offering milk and water to the Sun.
- Observance of Chhath Puja is a pious duty.
- It’s a time when we celebrate the life-giving power of the Sun and the importance of water in sustaining life.
- Chhath is a great time to look at how we can live in a sustainable, balanced way with the Earth in a way that is a harmonious reflection of the Earth.
- On this day, millions of people gather on the river banks and pray to the Sun.
FAQs on Chhath Puja
Q: Which epics are Chhath Puja associated with?
Q: Which god is Worshipped in Chhath Puja?
Q: Who started Chhath Puja?
Let’s conclude the essay on Chhath Puja.
I tried to cover in detail about the rituals and other details about this puja.
I hope you enjoyed reading this essay
Was this helpful?
Anirban Saha is the Founder and Editor of AllExamNewsGuru, a brand in the Educational space. He holds a B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering from the Institute of Engineering and Management in Kolkata, India(affiliated under Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology). He is an engineer by profession, with a passion for writing, reading, and listening to music. Check Anirban’s Crunchbase Profile here.