A bicycle is a type of vehicle with two wheels and works without external power. It moves on by paddling on its paddles and sitting on them. It is a convenient mode of transport for short-distance travel and has no cost to travel.
Have you used a bicycle?
In this essay, I will discuss the bicycle used in our daily commute and is more prevalent in rural areas.
10 Lines on Bicycle
- A bicycle is a very cost-effective mode of transport.
- It has two wheels, and you need to have balance to ride on.
- It has a bell on the front handle, which alerts people on the road to stay at a safe distance to avoid a collision.
- Most bicycles have a carrier at the back to carry another person. Some even have a basket on the front to bring groceries or other items from the market.
- Some premium bicycles also come with Gears to adjust the speed. You can attain a higher speed with less amount of paddling with gears.
- The wheels have air-filled in them, inside rubber tubes.
- A bicycle does not use any fuel type like diesel and petrol to move, and it is completely emission-free. Hence, it is a very environmentally friendly mode of transport.
- Bicycle is excellent as a transport where there are very narrow roads.
- Riding a bicycle helps in cardiovascular exercise also, and it is good for health.
- It is a great invention.
Essay on Bicycle (250+ words)
Bicycles are an ordinary person’s mode of transport and are very convenient to travel short distances.
Bicycles do not use petrol, or diesel and hence have lesser carbon footprints, unlike other vehicles. As it does not emit any harmful pollutants to the environment, this is very much environmentally friendly.
Bicycles have two wheels with tires on them. The tires are filled with air by a pump machine, and you can refill the tubes of the tire once the air gets low at a low cost.
Bicycles have a bell in the front to alert any user while travelling to avoid a collision. There are several types of bicycles other than the common ones used. Different types include sports bicycles with Gears in them. The gears help speed up the paddle, and you can have more speed with less force on the paddle.
These sports bicycles are a bit costlier. The most common bicycles come with an inbuilt carrier on the back to carry another person with you. The carrier has enough space for another person to sit comfortably.
There may be an optional basket on the front of the bicycle that aids in carrying any groceries or any items after shopping.
Bicycles are an excellent invention for humankind.
Bicycles are also used for recreational activities and sports. Even there are events like bicycle racing that happen.
You also get many health benefits from riding a bicycle. You get the benefits of Cardiovascular exercise that you do in Gym riding a bicycle. Many people ride bicycles to stay fit and healthy.
The bicycle is a great invention as it is environmentally friendly and also makes you healthier.
I hope you got an excellent essay on bicycles which you would be able to write.
You can also download this post by clicking the Print button below in the article.
Was this helpful?
Anirban Saha is the Founder and Editor of AllExamNewsGuru, a brand in the Educational space. He holds a B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering from the Institute of Engineering and Management in Kolkata, India(Accredited by the NBA and approved by AICTE and affiliated under Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology). He is an engineer, with a passion for writing, reading, and listening to music. Check Anirban’s Crunchbase Profile here. He is the Founder of Azebrado which owns brands like Stallionzo, TechBullish, MrPlanter, and KidsCareIdeas.