If you are looking for 10 lines on the festival Dhanteras, then this is the right post.
Dhanteras is also known as Dhanatrayodashi and is celebrated on the thirteenth lunar day of Krishna Paksha in the month of Kartika according to the Hindu calendar.
The festival belongs to the Ayurveda and is connected to the worship of the Goddess Dhanvantari. It is usually celebrated after Deepawali and before Diwali and is considered an excellent time to buy gold and jewellery. Here are 10 lines on Dhanteras, or Dhanteras Kavach.
Let’s get started!
10 Lines on Dhanteras (Set 1)
- Dhanteras is celebrated as the day when Goddess Dhanvantari, the Goddess of Health, arrives at the doorstep of every household to bless her devotees.
- Dhanteras is derived from two Sanskrit words, ‘Dhan’, which translates to wealth, and ‘Teras’, which translates to Thirteenth.
- It is one of the 8 important days of the Hindu calendar when devotees of Lord Vishnu worship Lord Lakshmi and Lord Narayan to bring prosperity and good luck to their lives.
- Dhanteras is celebrated on the 13th day of the waxing moon period of the month of Ashwini.
- The day is considered auspicious as it marks the beginning of the auspicious month of Kartik and also celebrates the divine marriage of Lord Lakshmi and Lord Vishnu.
- It is believed that Lord Vishnu rewards his devotees and blesses them with material and spiritual wealth.
- It is also believed that people born on this day will lead a life of prosperity and good luck.
- People worship the Goddess of wealth, Laxmi, on Dhanteras to seek her blessings for all-around prosperity and happiness.
- It is believed that one who performs Puja on the day of Dhanteras is blessed with wealth and prosperity.
- Dhanteras is the day when you start buying new things for your home.
10 Lines on Dhanteras (Set 2)
- Dhanteras is one of the most significant festivals of the Hindu religion.
- On this day, people pray to the Goddess of wealth, Lakshmi, for prosperity and hope for a better future.
- It is also known as Dhanatrayodashi.
- It is an auspicious day celebrated by people to clean their homes, and places of work and give gifts to their near and dear ones.
- On the day of Dhanteras, women worship Goddess Lakshmi.
- A lot of households clean their homes and renovate their houses. Many shops and commercial establishments also renovate their stores and offices.
- The entrances of houses are beautifully decorated using Rangoli, and people lit up diyas throughout the night of Dhanteras in honour of Lakshmi and Dhanvantari.
- The festival of Dhanteras falls on the 13th day of the waxing moon phase in the month of Ashwin.
- On the day of Dhanteras, people make purchases of gold, silver, jewellery, clothes, shoes, gems, coins, etc.
- Many people fast on the day to bring about prosperity.
Was this helpful?
Anirban Saha is the Founder and Editor of AllExamNewsGuru, a brand in the Educational space. He holds a B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering from the Institute of Engineering and Management in Kolkata, India(Accredited by the NBA and approved by AICTE and affiliated under Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology). He is an engineer, with a passion for writing, reading, and listening to music. Check Anirban’s Crunchbase Profile here. He is the Founder of Azebrado which owns brands like Stallionzo, TechBullish, MrPlanter, and KidsCareIdeas.